Bucks County Audubon Society at Honey Hollow (BCAS)
Statement on Education
BCAS believes that environmental education should create a connection to the natural world, provide scientifically accurate information, and inspire action as responsible citizens of the Earth. BCAS supports public policies at all levels that strengthen environmental and science education.
BCAS advocates for high-quality, science-based environmental education that:
- Reaches everyone, regardless of demographic and socioeconomic factors.
- Inspires people of all ages, especially children, to go outdoors.
- Enriches all levels of learning, especially school curricula.
- Connects with and supports scientific understanding and research.
- Promotes lifelong interests and activities.
- Provides opportunities for participants to make personal changes that can positively impact the environment.