- This event has passed.
Teacher Naturalist Fall Training
September 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until September 19, 2019
Interested in joining our staff of part-time, seasonal teacher naturalists? Attend our Fall training and work with us to further our mission to educate and engage children and adults of the greater Bucks County region about our natural world, with an emphasis on conservation and stewardship, including protection of birds, wildlife and habitats. Our next training session will be September 12 & 19 from 9am – 1pm (both days are required).
Teacher Naturalist Job Description:
- teaching environmental education lessons to students of all ages.
- learning the lessons to be taught by reading lesson plans and class observations
- participating in on-going training as necessary
- becoming familiar with teaching equipment as well as its proper use and storage
- assisting with preparing materials needed for instruction
- arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the program they are scheduled to teach
- maintaining an appropriate level of discipline in their classes
- assisting with clean-up after the program
- maintaining time sheets and submitting them bi-weekly
- informing supervising BCAS staff educator/s of availability for scheduling
- reading and signing of personnel policies as included in the Teacher-Naturalist Manual
- Should be enthusiastic and interested in working with children of all ages; flexible and willing to learn new lessons; good sense of humor.
- As you can see, flexibility and willingness are primary attributes; a prior knowledge of the natural world is certainly helpful but a lot of learning can be done on the job!
- The timing of the training is deliberate; most of the field trips that come here come in this time window. If you are away or have other circumstances that preclude you coming these two particular weeks, please let me know if you are still interested and we’ll see if alternate arrangements can be made.