2019 Art of the Barn Tour Artist Application
You are cordially invited to submit an application to be an exhibitor at the 20th annual Art of the Barn Tour and Art Show to benefit the Bucks County Audubon Society! The event will be held on October 5th & 6th from 10am-4pm each day. Application will be open through July 1st, 2019.
Both 2D and 3D artists may participate in this event. We are especially interested in artwork that reflects nature, wildlife, or “country living” themes. Originals or reproductions may be offered for sale. Artists will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be notified of their acceptance into the show in a timely manner.
- All exhibiting artists are required to become a member of Bucks Audubon. Business Members at the $100 level and above are also entitled to display/sell their work in the Education Center as part of our Monthly Featured Artist program. Memberships must be submitted before your application can be approved. Click here for membership options.
- Bucks Audubon will collect a 25% commission on all sales during the event or on any work commissioned through the event.
- Artists, or a representative that will take responsibility for the display, must be present for the following dates: Set Up (Friday, October 4th with details coming from your assigned Barn captain) | Barn Tour & Art Show (October 5th & 6th, 9:30am-4:00pm, with Tear Down immediately following the event on Sunday) | Optional Kick-Off Event for Barn Owners, Artists, and volunteers
- Except in the event of inclement weather, artists will be set up outside the barns. Please provide a tent and other furnishings for your display.
- Artists will clean up any accumulated trash at their site. We are the guests of the barn owners and they can expect us to respect the property.
- Artists will be provided with flyers, postcards and a digital media packet by Bucks Audubon and are strongly encouraged to help publicize the event.
Bucks Audubon Requirements:
- There will be 2-3 artists at each barn, which will be managed by a barn captain who will be responsible for managing the exhibits and personelle at that barn. Artists will be informed of their barn assignement and be provided with Barn captain contact information.
- Bucks Audubon will supply each artist with 10 complimentary tickets to the event.
- Bucks Audubon will supply flyers, postcards, and a digital media packet to distribute.
- Bucks Audubon collects all payments for artwork during the show – artists will be asked to complete a short form for each sale. Bucks Audubon charges state sales tax on artwork sold. Within two weeks of the event, a check for sales, minus 25%, will be mailed to the artists. The barn captains will provide you with details prior to the event.
Recommendations for a Successful Show:
- The event is foremost a tour of historic barns. Artwork that complements the theme sells best.
- Make sure all of your prices are clearly marked! If people don’t see a price, they assume it’s not for sale or they can’t afford it.
- An art sale is often an impulse buy, so having a wide range of price points is recommended. While occasionally a large, expensive piece is purchased, more frequently, a more affordable piece has the best chance for sale.
- Have reproductions, prints, note cards, etc… to sell
- Have information about yourself available – whether in the form of a business card, postcard, or flyer that reminds people of who you are and will bring them back to you in the future.
- People want to talk to the artist, so being present and engaging with visitors is important!